Home Forums Bug Reports Updating, then closing then updating then closing etc etc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mazzpsykoziz
    Player

Well I think the title is pretty self-explanatory but just in case:
    I tried to install the game, that went smoothly. Then the launcher opened to run an update (It said updating at least) and when it got to 99 or 100% the launcher shut down and then started back up (which is normal for a patch) but then it did the same thing again and then again and again and again about 20 times….

How do I get it to stop doing the same update over and over? I have tried to launch as moderator but that didn’t work.

Some help would be deeply appreciated.

Tigerlime
    Player

That’s strange… I can remember a time where my client updated a few times after the other. But that was long ago. Where did you download the client from? Maybe it was an much older version. If it’s from this webpage then I don’t really know what the problem might be. It should work. And it’s normal that the client shuts down and then restarts. Does that all the time with an update. I haven’t tried the new client that combines both the oalinst and the game itself. Only the one that has them apart. Maybe try that one. It’s the zip pack at the bottom that oddly has 0 KB. But with that you have to install oalinst first.

Rammy
    Owner

I know this bug and I’m working to get rid of it.
    In the meantime you can download the latest client from the downloads section (I just reuploaded the latest files just to make sure) and overwrite your existing files with those. That should work.

mazzpsykoziz
    Player

I got it from here, I am gonna let it try again but each time it did it I checked the displayed version and it didn’t change.

I just hope someone can help me out.

Ps: Late reply, I thought I hit the submit button earlier but I must have forgotten.
    Pps: Thanks for the assistance Rammy, I really want to try out what I assume is your game and was pretty bummed out over the bug.

I will give the fix a try and report back.

(Everything is fine now, thanks for the quick fix)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.