Gardens of Gonzo is currently in pre-alpha state.
The game will go (non-pre-)alpha, when I feel confident that most basic bugs and inconsistencies are fixed and at least the massively-multiplayer functionality and basic gameplay features have been thoroughly stress-tested.
The game will reach beta status when the quest creator feature is implemented and working, as this will mark a big milestone for the development.
Oldschool 2D Graphics Extensively Enhanced by the Game Engine
- Mirror, Resize, Rotate, Dye or Animate Basic Textures
- Various Shaders to create Nice Effects
- Global Lighting, Day/Night-Cycles, Clouds!
- Light Sources
Fast and Responsive Real-Time Combat
- No target lock-on.
- Pixel-exact collision checks.
- Use your abilities and hit where you hit!
- Specialize by spending you skill points properly.
- Make use of a variety of gear items like weapons, armors, ammo or consumables that come in different tiers.
Slash away Zelda-style, knock your enemies back and eventually cut them into pieces. All this power at the click of a mouse button. Be sure to use the right tool for the job.
Archers! Hold! Fire!
Are you more comfortable keeping a distance to enemies? Grab a ranged weapon and start shootin’.
Oh wait…don’t forget the right ammo.
Mitigate damage with a shiny armor, but be aware: heavy armors slow you down!
Safety first! Decrease incoming critical damage with a helmet.
Want to be a pure melee fighter? Grab a shield instead of a ranged weapon and shake off even more of a beating.
Resource Gathering, Refining and Item Crafting
Construction Toolkit for Players
Plant Seeds and Harvest the Crops
Character System with Experience, Skills and Runes
Planned Features, Goals and Work in Progress
- Special Moves and Attacks, Rage
- More diverse and challenging NPC behaviour
- Repaint-tool for the toolbox
- Custom trigger system: arbitrarily connect activator and actor objects
- Unlocking the content creator (make your own animations, upload graphics and sounds); still needs some testing
- More Quests
- Quest Creator for the toolbox
- Rating function for constructions and quests
- Regular contests with in-game and real-life prizes for best rated players per rating term
- More shaders and graphic effects
- Support for different platforms, such as Linux and Mac OS
- Party/Guild System – Team up, fight and build together
- more stuff…
The goal is not only to create an old-school online RPG experience with newer technical features, but also to enable creative players and (pixel-)artists to present their work on a central platform that already is a game, and get the appreciation they deserve.