Home Forums Feedback and Suggestions Combat changes (Mob AI)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZeroInFo56
    Player

Okay
    So, I would like to suggest a change related to mob-following/charging/attacking.

When you walk next to or near an aggressive mob, it charges after you and attacks you.
    This is perfectly natural and makes sense. However, I feel that to optimize combat, and to make it more pleasant, perhaps there should be a cap to the number of mobs that will follow/chase you at once.

I feel that the cap for mobs following you at once should be something like the following:

Newbie Island-
    Base:2 + 1per 25 levels

General Mainland-
    Base:4 + 1per 30 levels

E.G. if I am on Newbie Island, and I am level 58, the cap for the number of mobs that automatically chase after me at once is 4 (2 base + 2 for being level 58)

Now, if you are level 58, and have a cap of 4, but you hit a couple others (deliberately or not), they will still chase you, so you can end up with any number of mobs chasing you at once. however to lessen lag, you can simply fight only a few at a time and not worry about the others in the area unless you choose to attack them.

Tigerlime
    Player

As far as I know, there is a limit to how many chase you. But not sure, since the only place to test that out is the goblin mountain. And there I am normally followed by 5 or so (never really counted). But once I hit or attack the ones chasing after me, the others also chase. But it seems like the green goblins are the more aggressive ones with a longer range? The brown/yellow ones seem more localized and run off a lot. But there also is that structure in the middle that kinda halves the mountain a bit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.