Home Forums Bug Reports Lighting

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tigerlime
    Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGDuP8lCdyE&feature=youtu.be

This video doesn’t show how things really are due to the recording. The lighting under the light sources flicker, and the characters under them stay black. You see stripes of light that show up, but they aren’t that wide in reality and only show up when walking (not always, but do show often). The placed objects glow up while walking, that’s displayed correctly. I will make a screenshot and post it here to show how it really looks like, just that it won’t show flickering. Unless I make multiple screenshots.

Tigerlime
    Player

Here are the screenshots.

-The light constantly flickers 4 to 5 times per second when it’s on. All of the lighting does that.
    -The character is dark even though under the light. At certain locations the character is a bit lighter.
    -While walking, most of the time there is a light beam. It’s either wide or narrow. Generally narrow at night.
    -While walking at night, sometimes the objects placed glow as if it was day.
    -While standing at certain points at night, objects shine from dark to lighter and back again.
    -While standing at certain points, there is a rough cut of lighting, like a different later or something.
    -While standing at certain points at night, some objects have the same lighting as if it’s day.
    -When turning the options for cloud, light and fog off and on again, then everything is displayed normally for a few seconds and then turns bad again.

Rammy
    Owner

That seems to be an AMD-graphics related problem.

Tigerlime
    Player

Since I can’t upgrade my AMD thingy (More of that in the Player Forums), I checked out the different options (Lighting, Clouds, Fog). And what I’ve seen is that Lighting causes all of the problems. If I got Lighting checked and have a light emitting source within screen sight, things will get messed up. But once there is no light emitting source (streetlamp, fire camp, etc.) within screen sight, there is no problem at all. I can have a normal day and night cycle that way. With Clouds checked, they only cause a problem during the day. I don’t know if they emit light or what. But over night clouds aren’t a problem, probably because I can’t see them. lol I don’t know about fog, don’t know where to encounter that.

Point is, if there’s a way or an option to separate light emitting objects from day and night cycle, or even totally turn off light emitting from objects, it would give other ppl and me with this problem still day and night cycle.

But I don’t know how much work that would be. It’s just an idea or observation that I made. I can still just go without those options without a problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.