Home Forums Help and Questions Installing the Game

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tigerlime
    Player

Just asking if something changed with the installer or if there might be something wrong with my PC.

I reinstalled my PC recently and there is slowness going on which I can’t seem to fix. And I tried to install the game using both the auto installer and the rar file.

With the auto installer I got a desktop icon as well as windows C++ 2010 installed (and open GL). But the icon or the .exe in the gonzo folder don’t seem to do anything.

With the rar file I only got the open GL installed, no windows C++ 2010 installation shows up. And the installer for gonzo doesn’t seem to work or do anything. No desktop icon or .exe (in the none existing gonzo folder) show up.

I got some services turned off and such. I’m not sure if there’s any I should/would need turned on for this.

Or there is no server game anymore and that would explain it all. If that’s the case then I hope there will be big changes and such.

Good luck with everything Rammy.

Rammy
    Owner

Hi Tigerlime,

are you sure, you’ve set up your PC correctly? Installed all drivers and such? Because I tried the installer on a random PC here at work and it just worked.

The .rar-file naturally doesn’t install the Visual Studio Redistributables – that’s what the installer is for. And none of them installs OpenGL, but rather OpenAL. 😉

Tigerlime
    Player

All drivers are installed from what I know. Since it’s an iMac running windows, there isn’t much to download on drivers. Just bootcamp driver which has motherboard drivers and everything related to that. And then there’s an graphic card driver from amd also for bootcamp. Which had the latest driver I used for this game when I still had graphic issues. I looked for other types of drivers to update but didn’t find any. I also got to know that macs don’t got BIOS, since I wanted to update that as well. And from what I read, it’s better to not upgrade drivers if there aren’t any issues, with exception of graphic, chip, motherboard and something else. But all those are covered. So drivers shouldn’t be the issue, though there were 2 devices in device manager that wouldn’t run. I tried all the things I could read about for fixing that. But at an other place, ppl said that it’s just an issue with reading the file or something, so not a driver problem. Just an error someone made that it would show up as being a problem in device manager, and that it can be ignored. It’s only USB related anyway, and all my USB’s are working. My bro with the same iMac has the same problems.

I’m using 2 new programs that I haven’t used before. Not sure if they are interfering. I’m certain one doesn’t. The other one I’m not sure of. But it shouldn’t since it doesn’t display anything (it normally does display if there is something). It’s called SpyShelter. I thought I’d give that a try. But so far I’m only allowing things, since they all are from programs and such I used before and had no problems with. But SpyShelter does at times interfere a bit with installations, since it stops it the middle of the process of installing something. But generally that’s not a big deal, specially not if I install the same thing again, since it remembers the rules it’s given.

I don’t know about directx and stuff like that. I never really bothered to check with that. I thought if a game needed an updated version, it would tell me or install it for me. Don’t know if this game needs it. And don’t know if windows updates took care of it. Since windows updates also installs some drivers and what not. Windows updates are all up to date. .Net Framework too from what I can tell. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 was installed with an other game recently. I didn’t have it installed before. I will try installing the game again, since I hadn’t had it before.

I installed the game in Sandboxie. I know from before that it wasn’t an issue with this game and worked fine with Sandboxie.

I turned most windows features off. That’s one of the differences from before. The ones that are turned off: Games, Indexing Service, Internet Information Services, Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core, Media Features, Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation, Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation, Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server, LPD Print Service, LPR Port Monitor, Remote Differential Compression, RIP Listener, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Simple TCPIP Services (i.e. echo, daytime etc), Table PC Components, Telnet Client, Telnet Server, TFTP Client, Windows Gadget Platform, Windows Process Activation Service, Windows Search and Windows TIFF IFilter.

I also changed some Services using a guide (all the things I did different were with a guide). But I won’t list all the Services that I changed.

btw, the other game I installed works just fine, with the exception of taking a long time to get into the actual gameplay. It’s Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff. So really heavy when loading all the things. Basically everything is rather slowed down somewhat compared to how it was before. Opening applications, the browser and general things like that. But I think it’s the same with my Bro’s iMac. The difference from before is, I used bootcamp from iMac to run Windows, having Mac and Windows partitions. Now I only have a Windows partition and didn’t use the bootcamp feature from Mac, but rather installed the partition with the DVD. So basically an iMac with only Windows lol. Anyway, there is no other way to do it because of the program I’m using. I would have preferred using bootcamp tool to install and use Windows, since that’s probably optimized to run Windows and what not. But the program Rollback RX doesn’t like partitions that aren’t the right format. I tried many times and learned the hard way… Making a Windows partition with the bootcamp tool gives it an none NTFS partition (don’t remember what partition type it gives). So the only way to get NTFS is by not using the bootcam tool from Mac. So perhaps that is causing the slowness, and it does seem hard drive related, not software related. But the hard drive is working fine, I compared it with my Bro’s and they have the same speeds and what not (He also only has Windows partition and didn’t use the bootcamp tool).

Anyway, I got off track here. Sorry about that. lol

I will try to install it again and will report.

And gratz on moving and getting into the industry and what not! Good luck with it all.

Tigerlime
    Player

Ok, so this is what happened:

Installed the game using the gardens_of_gonzo_install.
    During installation SpyShelter popped up telling me that something was modified in an previously accepted application.
    Accepted the modification and installation went on and finished.

Question: Does the game start right away after the installation is done? It doesn’t do that for me.

Then I click on the Gonzo Icon on the desktop, nothing happens.
    This time I select “run as Admin” for the Icon, nothing happens.
    After that I go to the install location of gonzo and click on the application there, nothing happens.
    Again I select “run as Admin” for the application, nothing happens.
    I also don’t see anything in the Task Manager about Gonzo. What would be the Process Name for Gonzo (I assume it’s Gonzo or something with Gonzo)?

Note: all of this is within Sandboxie, never tried outside of Sandboxie (except when I used the other Account “Tutor” at the same time as my main Account). But that was before redoing my PC. And Sandboxie worked with the game (Sandboxie did update and change a bit from then).

I will use the Installation again and write over what’s already installed (if that works). SpyShelter shouldn’t interfere this time.

Edit: Installed again, SpyShelter didn’t interfere, and Microsoft Visual C++ popped up for a repair (I guess that’s normal since I already had it installed in the first place). Tried to start the game like I did above, same results. Nothing happens.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Tigerlime.
    Tigerlime
    Player

Yay. So today I uninstalled SpyShelter. And I tried to start Gonzo again. It didn’t start. But at least now I got an error message. And that’s a good thing. lol Well, would be better if it actually worked. But this is progress.

Error says:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000ba). Click OK to close the application.

I already googled a bit about the error code. But I thought I might let you know.

I’m still running it sandboxed. Off to more googleing.

Edit: I did reinstall the game completely after reboot from the deinstallation of that program.
    Edit: Googleing for this isn’t easy since they always want to “sell” their product to me by scaring me or something. Using registry cleaners and what not, which I read shouldn’t be used since a lot can go wrong. But SpyShelter did protect the registry. Maybe the deinstallation messed something up.

Edit: Running the game outside of sandboxie gives me this error: The program can’t start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

I did reinstall it and it did say to fix microsoft visual c++. But same problem shows up. And I’m currently looking on google for more info.

Tigerlime
    Player

Finally! I can start the game. I still want to test out some things, like running it within Sandboxie.

Anyway, after installing all the different types of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages I got it. At first I installed from Microsoft directly 2012 64 bit. Didn’t work. Got the latest one 2013 64 bit, didn’t work. The 2010 64 bit didn’t work. 32 bit 2013 didn’t work. 32 bit 2012 didn’t work either. Then finally the 2010 32 bit Worked. Which I don’t get… I’m running Windows 7 64 bit… And now I have to make sure of that by checking… Yes, I got 64 bit. So why didn’t 64 bit work, while 32 bit worked? I’m so confused. Doesn’t matter, I got it to work. Now I test Sandboxie. Yes, Works too.

So all of this because for some strange reason 64 bit doesn’t work but 32 bit works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.